Our basketball league includes coed divisions for Kindergarten - 5th grade and our cheer league is for children Kindergarten - 5th grade.
Registration Opens: 08/21/2023
Registration DEADLINE: 10/31/2023
Evaluation/Orientation: 11/13/23 - 11/17/2023
First Practice: Week of 11/27/2023
First Game: 12/09/2023
Last Game: 02/24/2024
Awards Celebration: 02/25/2024
Registration Fee: $70- REGISTER HERE
WANT TO HELP COACH?
Register or learn more about what it means to be an Upward Coach, see bottom of page.
MORE HELPFUL INFORMATION
Don’t forget to visit our Frequently Asked Questions (down below)
We look forward to our 13th season and we are truly excited about partnering with families across Dyer County to make Upward the best sports and family experience it can be! Upward Basketball & Cheer is a sports program held each year in Jan/Feb for children in Kindergarten - 5th grade who live in the Dyer County area. Our Upward program began in 2010 and runs nearly 100+ children in the league each season. It features separate basketball leagues for each grade, equal playing time, a positive child-focused competitive atmosphere, recognition for all players, and a special Awards Program at the end of the season. For more information about Upward Basketball & Cheer at FUMC Dyersburg, contact Tori Armstrong at (731) 285-6454, and check out our Facebook Page FUMC Dyersburg Upward Sports. For information about the national Upward Unlimited ministry visit their official website at: www.upward.org
Benefits of Choosing Upward Sports
Upward Basketball & Cheer provides a positive sports experience for boys and girls, and makes the most of your family’s time and money.
- Friendly sports environment where children have fun
- Teaches fundamentals
- Unique drafting system creates balanced teams
- Unique substitution system produces equal playing time
- Trained coaches and referees that encourage your child
- Life lessons shared at each practice and at games
- Quality game-day uniform, other sport-specific gear in a cool player box
- One-hour practices and one-hour games at excellent community facilities
- Every child receives an end-of-the-year award at a fun Awards Celebration!
- Top-notch volunteer coaches and refs that care about children having a fun experience.